What are the due dates for payment of duties and taxes?
• Withholding taxes are payable within seven (7) days after the end of calendar month. If the due date falls on Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the due date shall be last working day before weekend or public holiday.
• Taxes payable in installments (Provisional assessed tax) payable on quarterly basis e.g in case of taxpayers whose accounting periods ends on 30th December the installments shall be due by the end of March, June, September and December.
• Final return of Income shall be filled and payable six (6) months after the end of the year of income
• Jeopardy assessed tax is payable on the date specified on the notice of assessment
• Adjusted assessed tax is payable within 30 days from the date of assessment
Value Added Tax (VAT)
VAT return is due and payable on or before 20th day of the month following the moth of the business. If the 20th day follows on the Saturday, Sunday or public holiday the return shall be lodged on the first working day following the Saturdays, Sunday or Public day.